About my Father's Business

In church this morning, Bible class and the sermon were discussions of Luke 2:41-52, specifically the meaning of verse 49, "And He said to them, 'Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?'"

The question was brought up, "What is our Father's business?". In both discussions, "our Father's business" was defined as being the hands and feet of our Father. In class, we realized that we need to know God to know what His business is. One girl said that God gives us opportunities to get to know Him more by obeying some of the small requests that He gives us and as we follow those, He will give us insight to who He is. She continued to say that God is not a vending machine for us to dispense what we need when we need, but we have to take the time to get to know Him, so He can give us what we need to glorify Him.  (I'm paraphrasing, sorry if I butchered that Natalie).

In a few short hours, I will leave to obey a calling that God has put before me. I feel that God is putting a challenge before me: take the talents that I have given you and use them to glorify Me in a tiny country in Africa called Rwanda. A country that has seen such devastation from within.

I don't know what He has planned for me while I spend six weeks in Rwanda, but I pray that I will be about my Father's business. I want to be the hands and feet of my Father and to come back changed and share that change with my American brothers and sisters.

Comments

  1. I'm so proud to be your friend Jamie!! I'm excited to hear about the ways that God is using you and growing you closer to Him =) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big