Job Opening

Requirements:
Must be willing to work 7 days a week
Relocation to another site
Must sacrifice comforts of home
Must be willing to do jobs that have nothing to do with your degree or field of expertise
Communication will be a problem because there will be many who have no idea what you are saying
Compensation will be less than you have ever made and you must ask other people to pay it

Duties:
Anything and Everything as needed
No job too big or too small


I am not sure that missionaries see this job description prior to hearing the call.

My education for the day: Missionaries work HARD…all the time. At least this group in Rwanda. I ask you, what do you think missionaries do all day? Walk around smiling and shaking hands? If this is your picture, please delete that idea. I have watched our group of missionaries here in Rwanda, who are in charge of running a school and a church from top to bottom. Yes, they have teachers and some of them are teachers. Some of them are ministers and all of them minister. But they all work hard for the glory of God.

If I was asked in America to do the work needed to be accomplished here with the same amount of bodies on the same compensation as our missionaries have, I would probably not take it. I know for fact that most Americans would laugh that they were even being asked to do that.

Perspective change: Why are missionaries required to work twice as hard for half the pay? Why do we expect them to? Are they choosing to? Yes. Because they knew that God wanted them to sacrifice their lives to follow Him. And they did.

God, please be with all the missionaries throughout the world who have sacrificed their lives to follow You. Please let them know that their reward is great, even though they may not see it in this life, they will definitely see it in the next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big