Summing things up

Well, it's about that time. I'm pulling my suitcases out tomorrow, will start thinking about packing things away and heading back to the US this weekend. Summing up my trip is the hardest thing for me. It was difficult last year and even tougher this year. Everyone wants to know what I did while I was here, what did I see, eat, etc. So, I tried to share bits of that in previous blogs. As a summary, I would like to share what I have learned.

When I was preparing to teach the youth class on the Holy Spirit, I re-read the book of Daniel. I'm not sure what was different, but that book impacted me in a very different way than ever before. I read of God's power, how He sent the Holy Spirit to illustrate His power to the unbelievers.  Through Tuesday Bible study, I learned that I have to ask for God to reveal Himself to me...and He will. I learned from the babies at the orphanage that bananas and hard boiled eggs smashed up together is pretty good in the afternoon.

And, I learned from Fanny that Imana aguhe umugisha means God bless you in Kinyarwanda. 


Sometimes a song can help me describe what I am thinking, right now it is Beckah Shae's Imagine: 

Imagine this, Joy and laughter and no more pain Where love insists to be known Imagine all the people Caring for each other Instead of all the fussing and arguing. I'm a dreamer a believer That there's hope within our reach I'm gonna take a stand and agree The healing begins with me There's a better way. we don't have to die anymore Open up your eyes and see the need We can make a difference with our own lives If we let love arise from the inside Heed the call and be all we were made to be. Imagine this. Safety and shelter from the storm A place for all to call home Imagine all the people Learning that which matters most Can't be bought or earned or taken. Imagine if we were all rich Imagine if we all knew peace Imagine if we all gave love The way that God gave love We'd have so much more than enough  (video at: http://www.beckahshae.com/media/video/)


I John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." 

Comments

  1. Love your heart Jamie. Can't wait to see you next year in Kigai! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big