Tuesdays are my FAVORITE day

Today, I start my day with Ladies Bible Study. It is quite a collection of women from various parts of the world and backgrounds all studying God's Word. We start with a bit of fellowship and then move into the Bible study. First, in a group. Our leader goes over the Scripture and makes us start thinking about what the author is trying to tell us. Then, small groups. We number off, which felt a little awkward the first day, but is fun now because you never know who is going to be in your group. I like to think that God picks the groups. Then we discuss and pray. It goes about two and half hours.

As we have been moving through the book of James, my favorite book in the Bible, we have been talking and reflecting on our own lives. The question today: Do we honestly live our lives as if God is in control? There was so much discussion about the will of God and there were some really good insight that I wanted to pass on: -Wherever you go, be in the will of God. -It is not we who wait on God, but God who waits on us. -When you know you are in the perfect will of God, everything is good (not without trouble, though). You know that you know you are doing what is right. -Love God and do what you want. I like this one a lot, because it means that if we truly love God and get to know Him, our will will be His will. -And finally, from my Californian friend...At the end of my life, do I want to hear "well done" from my heavenly Father, or by people around me?

When I think that all God does...like Nicole C. Mullen sings, "Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning? and Who told the ocean you can only come this far? and Who showed the moon where to hide 'til evening? Whose words alone can catch a falling star" How can I think that I am in control of anything?

Then off to hug on the babies. Today they were eating g-nut sauce and possibly some type of bread in it. G-nut sauce is kind of like peanut butter and refried beans. Apparently, it is a Ugandan thing, some LOVE this. I, on the other hand, do not like g-nut sauce. But the babies didn't seem to mind. I was feeding my little friend, Shocka, who loves to hear his name. And loves to eat. He is a strong boy. He was even standing on his own today. Not just walking away from something and standing, but getting himself to a standing position from a sitting position--I'm not going to lie, I was impressed. I think he was showing off for us. He will be walking in no time. Shocka is the light-skinned baby that they call a mzungu. Then, we just loved on all the others. Keli worked with them on their mobility and her daughter and I just loved on them.

More of Nicole C. Mullen's song, "The very same God that spins things in orbit Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken They conquered death to bring me victory. And I know my Redeemer lives Because He lives I can face tomorrow I Know I know He lives He lives because I spoke with him this morning He lives He lives, the tomb is empty,
He lives I gotta tell everybody" I know that I don't have to be sad for those babies...God is in control. I can be His arms and hold them on Tuesdays, but He's got them all the time. 

I love Tuesdays. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big