I got baptized in the river Jordan

I have been staying with the Jenkins because my friend, Jane, who lives in the guest house has been in Israel. She and a group of friends have been touring many of the sites of Christ. The Jenkins didn't want me having to stay by myself for the first days I was here, so they welcomed me into their home. No one has known exactly how long Jane would be gone, but they thought it would be through the end of the week.

Just after lunch on Thursday, Bryan gets a call from Jane saying that she has arrived at the airport and needs a ride. So, I ran with Bryan to the airport to pick up my friend.

On the way back to the guest house, Jane told us about her trip. She explained that they are 100% sure where certain things are and a small percent sure they know where other things are. But the tour guide, who was Muslim, explained that they are 100% sure they know where Jesus was born, so they were able to see that. Then she smiled and excitedly said, "I got baptized in the river Jordan." She said everyone was doing it…even Americans. I'm not sure why she was surprised that Americans were getting baptized in the river Jordan, or maybe she was just relating her story to Bryan and I.

She said how clean the river Jordan was and everyone was getting baptized. What a moment for her and the other travelers to get baptized where our Savior once was. Also, she mentioned that she got in the Dead Sea which was so salty it burned her eyes.

I will be moving into the guest house this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big