God's love times six...or seven

I totally stole the title of this from my friend's facebook status. There are some days that I have to remind myself why I am here and then there are some days that I am hit in the face all day. Today was the second.

I woke up thinking it was a normal Wednesday morning. Got ready, sporting my lavender Survive and Thrive t-shirt and brown capris (that are now belted up because I'm losing my American weight). I pretty much have a uniform for Wednesday--a comfy t-shirt and pants that dry easy, because we are heading to the orphanage! I had the honor of delivering a donation that had been made on behalf of a family member who had adopted from this orphanage. So we made a quick stop by the ATM on the way.

Upon arriving, I noticed there was a small bus full of mzungus (white people), but was determined to deliver this special donation.

We had a good day playing with the kids, but nothing too out of the ordinary. As we ascended the stairs to leave, we noticed all the mzungus were holding and playing with some of the babies and kids. I looked at my friend and knew these moms and dads were holding their kiddos. Tears of joy started streaming out of me; I couldn't even form a sentence for a minute.

I saw a couple of kids in particular that we play with every week (no names for protection of the new families). About a month ago, one of the kids seemed a little sick. She was just a little down and seemed to have a little fever. I had picked her up and she just sunk into my arms, falling asleep. I will remember that moment, praying that her family was out there and praying they would find her soon so she wouldn't have to be sick without a mom again. And one of the other little guys who loves to sing and talk with us has found his forever home. It was overwhelming. What a blessing to be able to be part of that moment!

Later in the day, I was running around with our youth minister and he mentioned needing to visit the school at which our church sponsors some girls. I had heard of the FAWE girls, but had never met them, so I asked if I could go. He said yes, because he needed someone to take some pictures for their presentation on Sunday. These beautiful women were from various backgrounds and parts of the country, but were all brought to this school because of a vision that Dr. Holly Hixson had for them to complete school. They want to be Pharmacists, Laboratory Technicians and Civil Engineers; all with dreams of making Rwanda better. They ask for your prayers as they begin their final exams. In November, after finals, they will return to their homes. Three of them will stay in Kigali and I hope to bring you great reports about the amazing things they are doing!

It's an honor to be the hands and feet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big