September Prayer Request

I have now settled into a longer-term living situation in the same neighborhood as the church and school. I kept saying that I wanted to be near the church and school so I could walk to work. It's been about a week and I haven't walked to church or school yet. =) (Lazy American)

I found a great roommate who desires the direction of her life to be more like Jesus everyday! And she is from Oklahoma...gotta love that!

As I was preparing for this journey, I tried not to set too many expectations for what God has in store for me during my time here so I can let Him work.

So my prayer requests are praises for my current living situation and a request for direction. I want to know how God wants me to spend my time and where He wants my focus.

UPDATE: Since I wrote this, I have been walking to work (good exercise) because the brakes on my car have decided to go out. I was able to catch it in time and get it into a shop. The roads are so tough here that I also had a problem with the manifold pipe because I bottomed out in a steep driveway way (parking on the street for me now!). The mechanic called today to say that there is an additional issue with the rear brakes, they haven't been working for some reason so all the brake has been coming from the front. I know this will be hard to explain, but I am going to try. The cars are not in great shape because the roads are so rough, pot holes, bumps, swerves, crazy moto drivers and steep hills (Rwanda in known as the "land of a thousand hills"). And they are very expensive because they are all imported in from other countries. The mechanics are challenging--most don't really know what they are doing and are not known for their integrity. To be productive, we need to be mobile and taxis are just too expensive. We have found a good mechanic (relatively speaking), please pray that he will be able to get my car up and working, so that I will not have to have an repair bills for quite sometime after this one.

Comments

  1. Jamie -
    May God continue to bless you in doing His work.
    Grace and peace,
    Rev

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big