Those babies

I haven't written about those cutie babies in a while, so I figured it is time. I call them babies, but they are really babies up to little kiddos. Someone posted on facebook the other day something to the effect "People frustrate me when they say, 'I'm not ready to adopt'. Do you think the children out there were ready to be orphans?"

I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to visit the local orphanage and get to love on the babies. Some people don't like the word "orphanage", I guess it's no longer politically correct, so maybe I should call it--place for babies who don't have a mom or dad. It has been a roller coaster of emotion over the last few years--visiting the place for babies who don't have a mom or dad for the first time is overwhelming. The reality of babies who don't have moms and dads for whatever reason and looking into their little eyes is a tough one.

Even tougher is seeing a special needs child, knowing the reality for this child is a life in that place for babies who don't have moms or dads. I especially shouldn't write about these kids, because that reality really makes us uncomfortable.

I was only going to post part of the lyrics to this song my sister recently posted, but I just couldn't pick part of the song to share, so here is all the lyrics and you can listen below.

Audio Adrenaline "Kings & Queens"
Little hands, shoeless feet, lonely eyes looking back at me
Will we leave behind the innocent too brief
On their own, on the run when their lives have only begun
These could be our daughters and our sons
And just like a drum I can hear their hearts beating
I know my God won’t let them be defeated
Every child has a dream to belong and be loved

Chorus:
Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in Your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free
Shout your name in victory
When we love when we love the least of these
When we love the least of these

Break our hearts once again
Help us to remember when
We were only children hoping for a friend
Won’t you look around these are the lives that the world has forgotten
Waiting for doors of our hearts and our homes to open

CHORUS

If not us who will be like Jesus
To the least of these
If not us tell me who will be like Jesus
Like Jesus to the least of these
___
I don't know what the answer is to this problem of kids not having moms and dads and having to live in a place for kids without moms and dads and I'm not going to pretend that I do. But I do know, it is going to take a lot of people reaching out in different ways to these kids without moms and dads all over the world. I don't even have a "call to action". I have always been told that you aren't supposed to post a problem without a "call to action"; something that gives people a direction of what they can do to help. But I don't have one, because I think it is different for everyone.

Maybe you are like me, it is not the right time to take in a baby, or a child who doesn't have a mom or dad in your home right now. But babies aren't the only ones who don't have moms and dads. What about those who have grown up without a mom and dad, what you can do to bless them today? What can you do to bless someone who has taken in a baby without a mom or dad? This is a massive problem and someone once told me: there isn't one solution, it is going to take a whole lot of answers to resolve this problem.

I know my God won’t let them be defeated
~selah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big