Aunt Jamie's prayers

I believe that being an aunt is one of the most important titles I hold. Some of you know my 3 precious biological niece and nephews, Carsten, Cohen and Teegin. My life was turned inside out when we were blessed with those cuties. Some of their friends began to call me Aunt Jamie. I kind of got used to the title.

My definition of the word aunt: one who gets to love 'em, sugar 'em up and send them back to their moms (then take a nap).

Two weeks ago, one of our teammates told me, "Jamie, you're going to be an aunt again!" I was a little stumped at first, with 2 biological kids and 2 adopted kids, I knew they had a houseful. A baby had been left in a field and was being circled by some dogs when the neighborhood security guys found her. My friends agreed to take this little angel baby until a permanent situation can be found. Her mom abandoned her and is facing consequences because of it, but now Little G has joined our ROC team.

After spending five seconds with Little G, you will ask yourself, "How could someone leave this little bundle of sweetness?" It's baffling to think of a woman who felt like her only option was to leave this child in a field at 4 days old.

More of my auntness is getting to help with my friends little boys--since Little G's arrival, I have tried to take them biking and playing once a week...and then I take a nap.

My aunt abilities also kick in every Wednesday morning as we visit the local orphanage. We have recruited some new arms to help, but there are always more kiddos than we have arms to go around. It always seems that some need a little extra attention and some need a little more snuggles than what we can provide. We found out this week that one of the little guys is HIV positive, making him essentially unadoptable. I'm heartbroken for him because he is a cutie, a little precious angel! What will his future hold? Only God knows.

Please join my aunt prayers: That my biological niece and nephews know how much I love them and miss them! Not a day goes by that I don't think of being there with them. That Little G will find a forever home with a family who will love and protect her and she will never be abandoned again. For her mom, who was in such a desperate situation that she left her baby. For all the babies at the orphanage and all the vulnerable children who don't have a mom and dad to snuggle them. And that all of God's children will know how much their Father loves them and wants them to be with Him someday.

Comments

  1. Praying for this sweet baby you friends are now caring for and all the children you visit at the orphanage. What a blessing you are to these kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big