New Year's Resolution

I have never liked making resolutions because I have always said, "Why should I make them? I'm just going to break them in a few weeks anyway. Why waste the time?"

Well, obviously my life has changed dramatically and I was particularly moved by our sermon today by my teammate, Rusty. My interpretation of his message was that you can't have a resolution without a revolution and you can't have a revolution without a revolutionary and Jesus is our revolutionary, so do something big to please Him and impact someone with your resolution.

So, throughout the year, I am going to make resolutions and will write about them, thus reminding me to stick with them. The first resolution I want to start with is this:

Love like you won't get hurt, Sing like nobody's is listening, Cry when my heartbreaks, Learn to listen/not just waiting to talk, Take time to get to know people, Always do the next right thing no matter what anyone says and most importantly Listen to God--watch for when He opens a door or when He closes one--and learn from both of those what His will for my life is.

I know these may sounds a little cliche and right now I'm okay with that. As the year reveals itself, I will let you know how I have striven to achieve these.

As my friend said today: May the hand of God be upon you and your family, granting success to your projects, keeping you healthy and making you much more helpful and a blessing to others.

13 If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit. 14 Either way, Christ’s love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life.15 He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them. 2 Corinthians 15:13-15

~Selah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big