My little friend found his forever family!

For those of you who followed my Rwandan adventures last fall or have spent 5 seconds with me talking about Rwanda, will remember a little guy I talked about from the orphanage, Shocka--which I have learned is actually spelled Shyaka. On my last visit to the orphanage, I asked the nuns about him and they said he had been adopted. I was overjoyed. BUT, not as overjoyed as I am right now!

There is a facebook group set up for families who have adopted in Rwanda or are on the waiting list. I joined recently because I felt in a little way I was a part of their journeys. Today, I posted in the group, asking if anyone knew who had adopted my little friend...not long after I posted, his dad responded! Shyaka, who is now Elijah, was adopted with another little girl and now live in America.

I looked through each picture that his family had posted and just cried...and am still crying!

I don't even know the words to explain the joy in my heart right now! Seeing things from both sides, where he was and where he is now, it is honestly an overwhelming feeling that I can't explain.

I believe so wholeheartedly in John 14:18 at this moment, "No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you." I know Jesus was talking to his disciples at that time, but I know in my heart he was talking to Elijah (formerly known as Shyaka).


Selah~


Pictured left: Elijah and his dad

Comments

  1. I love it--I'm so glad you were able to find out where he is and what happened with him!! Can't wait to see what else GOD shows you =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big