My country through someone else's eyes

I have written several half blog posts and have been a little blocked on my writing..my apologies.

But something has sparked a need to write yesterday. As I have previously written about the Shaws and one of my favorite people--Faith. She has such a way with words and through her eyes I have the opportunity to see things from an amazing perspective.

On Friday, I had the opportunity to ride with Faith to the fish farm where the youngest children are now living (if you don't know what I am talking about, see the last 2 posts), hang out most the day and then ride back. There are so many stories that we insist that Faith must write a book someday, she insists that she is an artist, not a writer. On the way home, Faith described her experience of becoming an American citizen; standing in the room with people from so many different countries. She exclaimed, "Call it what you want, but there were so many of us from different backgrounds. There is no other place in this world that so many people from so many backgrounds and can side by side." She went on to explain what she meant...

In America, there are so many different types of people with so many different types of beliefs. Faith was telling us to call it what we want: liberalism, acceptance, open-mindedness, but she calls it Christianity. Jesus calls us not to reach out to those who look like us, but to reach out to everyone. He went into places with corruption, He violated political correctness, to show that He loved.

How He loves us, Oh how He loves us (David Crowder).

But we want to live in our world with people who look like us and judge those who are insisting on a global acceptance. Because I have grown up in America, I do not have the opportunity to see it through someone else's eyes. Everyone here believes that America is where you go to have all of your problems solved, I try to explain that they would just be exchanging for another set of problems.

But there is something in America that is so unique and that is freedom. Freedom to be, to do, to worship what you want. Having the freedom to choose makes it so sweet when we CHOOSE God.

~Selah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Coasting and God's Vomit

My confessional: I hurt most of the time

Small Bits of my life: My God is so big